Davey Strus & Dana Palazzo - Remote Pairing: Tools and Practices
The benefits of pair programming are well-documented—and accessible to even remote workers. In our workshop, we’ll discuss tips, best practices, and tools we’ve used to pair efficiently, constructively, and enjoyably when working from different cities. This workshop is for any kind of developer—new, senior, or just curious!
Davey is a partner and co-founder at Fretless, a web and mobile consultancy. He has taught numerous front-end and full-stack coding bootcamps and is known to sing the blues from time to time.
Dana is a web and mobile app developer at Fretless. She completed an immersive full-stack program through General Assembly after changing careers. Dana is one of the organizers of Hoosier Women in Tech, a member of the board of the Indiana University Credit Union, and Secretary of the Board of Public Works for the City of Bloomington. When she’s not coding or serving on a board, she’s usually cooking food or talking about it.
- Slack’s ScreenHero
- Use Together: Collaborative screen sharing with multiple mouse cursors
- Visual Studio Code Live Share: Real-time collaborate development from the comfort of your favorite tools
- Appear.in: Easy Video Conversations
- NGrok: Secure introspectable tunnels to localhost
- TMate: Instant terminal sharing
- Zoom: Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Webinars, Screen Sharing
- Serveo: expose local servers to the internet using SSH
- Floobits: Cross-editor real-time collaboration